Spotlight On Gospel Radio 89.1 WFDU FM- Thursday Mornings 1:15 am - 6:00 am

Sunday, February 22, 2009


What’s wrong Caribbean Gospel Artists?

I want to scream from the top of my lungs (but I won’t) that Caribbean Gospel artists really need to do more to promote themselves. If it seems like I am targeting Caribbean Gospel Artists in this blog, you are correct. I applaud those who take the time out to work with a manager or booking agent to move their ministry to the next level. What’s the use of having a great product and no marketing behind it? Create a budget to promote your product or event. Build relationships with people and organizations that can help you gain additional exposure. I am a little tired of people who want me to book and promote them and never have the decency to send me an album. Presentation is the key to having people take notice. A simple bio or media kit will do the trick. If you wish to get more air play, take the initiative to send a copy of your album along with a one page bio that should include a valid email and phone number. At the end of the day you may just get that call back or interview that you have been seeking.

Sharon Addison
President
Addison Media Group, LLC
Host of Spotlight On Gospel Radio & TV
http://spotlightongospel.ning.com

No comments: